Back The Guardian US says 33 Afghanistan civilians died in special forces raid last year
Search Sections 20 Feb
Close
Advertisement
US says 33 Afghanistan civilians died in special forces raid last year12 Jan 10:52am

US says 33 Afghanistan civilians died in special forces raid last year

The Guardian
Military says US troops were acting in self-defense amid clash with Taliban as Kunduz province official says civilian death toll was higher The US military in Afghanistan has confirmed that dozens of civilians were killed during a special forces raid near the northern city of Kunduz last year, but ruled that the US troops had acted in self-defense. The investigation followed claims that civilian deaths resulted from airstrikes called in to support Afghan and US forces who came under fire in the province’s village of Buz-e Kandahari. The strikes targeted two senior Taliban commanders.
Read full story
 Like Comment
Advertisement
Marketing

Comments

No comments yet...
On the top

Date settings

Today is Monday, February 20, 2017

+ 1 -
+ 1 -
+ 2016 -

Close

By using our website, you agree to the use of cookies as described in our cookie policy.

Accept

The Guardian

Close